Thursday, July 26, 2012

I did Refuse The God Father Offer - Upendra

Real Star Upendra is now acting for the first time in three different roles in the film God Father which is directed by Sriram. The film is a remake of Tamil Hit Varalaaru which had featured Tamil Star Ajith in the main role. God Father has offered Uppi lot of opportunities for performing in different shades and he is extremely happy about it.
Talking about the roles he had performed, Upendra said that the offer to act in the remake of Varalaaru came to him from a well known Telugu film producer who really wanted to do a Telugu remake of the film.
"I had not seen the original film and wanted to see it. A DVD was sent to me and when I watched the film I was really flabbergasted. Here was a film which had a high peak of emotional overtones and sentiment coupled with some comedy and action. It had given the three protogonists of the film to deliver their best performances which were different frome ach other. For the first time, I thought whether
I would be able to play such three diversified characters in a film. All the characters were interlinked and the film was sure to deliver a high degree of emotional impact on the viewers. Later I thought it was better to take some time to decide. The Telugu film producer who really wanted to make a film with me left disappointed. Later after many years, director Sriram came to me with this offer, but again I expressed some doubts. But Sriram seemed to be confident that the film could be made more attractive by strengthening its technical content. He was also sure that with my high voltage performance I can create a magic through this film which would be liked by wide spectrum of film audience. K.Manju who wanted to make a film with me also showed lot of interest in this project and this is how the project materialised' says Upendra.
Upendra who has already seen the film along with his family members and a few friends complimented K.Manju and director Sriram for not compromising anything during the making of the film. "K.Manju gave us all the required help while we were shooting. A special set was erected at Abbaiah Naidu studios for this film. I think Sriram will show the visuals much better in this film than its Tamil original' said Uppi.

No comments:

Post a Comment