Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I have learnt to be patient now: Upendra

The unorthodox actor, Upendra’s next flick is clicking the curiosity button. Topiwaala, a political satire highlights the basics of politics and how it can be made entertaining. Uppi says, “Politics is just an underlined word on screen but with this film, entertainment is obvious through various twists and colours.”

Considering Upendra’s stature, the film is slowly becoming a huge brand. “I have written the story and screenplay and the director MG Srinivas has worked hard in his own style giving it a new dimension which itself is a speciality of this film,” revealed the Super Star.

Uppi has worked towards different looks including one like Elvis Presley. Was it taxing playing varied roles? He said, “We just went by the film’s theme and I just evolved as an actor.”

Working with a new director, Uppi does not seem to have any reservations. He says, “I see a lot of spirit in youngsters. You can see more vibrancy and style among these newcomers. Nevertheless, I was always there when he needed me. As a new director, he built a certain confidence in the team and had a command over the camera. He has a good future.”

Unlike his previous years, Uppi has cut down on his projects. “Yes, I have become choosy. Initially I used to be tensed when I was not working as I don't like sitting idle. So I used to accept projects that came my way. But now I have learnt to be patient. I want the audience to watch some good movies from me,” he said.

Uppi confirming that his project with Ramesh Aravind is on hold, he also told us that he is planning a film with Srinivas Raju, the director who made Dandupalya. “I am discussing the story with Srinivas. I will take up this movie along with my home production , whose script I will finalise by next month,” said Uppi.

No comments:

Post a Comment