Wednesday, May 2, 2012

When Dr Vishnuvardhan's remuneration fell into Katari Veera Upendra's pocket!

Cashing in on the popularity of iconic celebrities is not a new trend in Sandalwood. Legendary actor Dr Rajkumar and multifaceted Shankar Nag have been the favourite choices of our filmmakers-actors who incorporate the stars in various forms in their films. Now, the industry seems to have found another face! Well, it is none other than late actor Dr. Vishnuvardhan.

Last year, Kicha Sudeep's movie Only Vishnuvardhana started the trend, which created a big controversy. Bharathi Vishuvardhan, the wife of the actor, had opposed it by claiming that producer Dwarakeesh, who was one-time close friend of the Sahasa Simha, should not use her husband's name in the title. However, later it was resolved with the intervention of the industry dignitaries.

Now, Munirathna seems to have tried to connect a link with Dr Vishnuvardhan's name with his mega-budget movie Katari Veera Surasundarangi. The producer has said that the Aapthamitra star was supposed to work in one of his films but the Rakta Kaneeru maker was not destined to work with him, as the actor died before the project took off.

He claims, “Vishnuvardhan sir had called me one fine day and agreed to act in my film. I gave my chequebook to him and asked to write the amount. He signed two cheques of Rs 6 lakh each. But unfortunately he died without working in my film. His wife Bharathi ma, settled the amount within the days after his death and told me that Vishnu asked her to clear my amount after the actor injured during the shooting of Aaptharakshaka,”

Munirathna concludes, “I was not happy to collect the money nor I was expecting it at that point of time. Having received it, I directly went to Upendra's residence and paid the same amount to him to act in my film. I, somewhere, feel that Dr Vishnuvardhan is with us and has blessed us to make Katari Veera Surasundarangi. I am damn sure that the film will impress the audience for its unique attempt.”

No comments:

Post a Comment