Monday, April 9, 2012

Let them release Katari after 10 weeks: K Manju

In the meantime, K Manju, the maker of Godfather that also features Upendra, is demanding that his film be released before Katari Veera Surasundarangi and that Munirathna, the film's producer, release it 10 weeks after Godfather hits theatres.

"I was in talks with Munirathna about the possibility of postponing his film. Now that he has refused to oblige, I had no choice but to ask the chamber to intervene."

Manju is of the opinion that since Godfather was the first to go on the floors and has been in the making for over a year, his film should be the first to hit the screens. "It does not make sense to release the same hero's films back to back. This has happened before, when two of Ganesh's films released in consecutive weeks and the collections dipped," claims Manju, adding, "I will not release my film with Anna Bond on April 27. I will release it a week later, on May 3. With Munirathna insisting on releasing his film along with Anna Bond, I have filed a complaint with the film chamber. But what has also upset me is that Upendra has not spoken to Munirathna to solve this issue. He should have pushed for Godfather's release first.The filmmaker now awaits the decision of the film chamber.

No comments:

Post a Comment