Thursday, January 19, 2012

No sequel to Super : Upendra



In the recent past, there have been several rumours doing the rounds about Real Star Upendra's next directorial venture. His last outing as director, Super, was a big hit and the Gandhinagar buzz had it that the actor was contemplating making a sequel to the film. "It's just a rumour," says Uppi, adding, "I'm not making a sequel to Super. The way the film ended does not warrant a sequel.

What more is there to convey?" Direction, it seems, is not in the scheme of things right now for him. "There are 2-3 projects that I have committed to act in. I have to complete them before deciding whether I want to make my own film. I have written the script and screenplay for my upcoming film Topiwala, so that is keeping me creatively satisfied. I've just wound up Aarakshaka. As a director-actor, I can say that it is a different film - P Vasu's script is wonderful. Then there's the comedy Katari Veera Surasundarangi, Kannada's first 3D film. It's an amazing experience working with this technology, and it's even better given the subject of the film. There are great sets and a lot of grandeur as the film is mythological. 3D works best with such grand subjects, rather than social dramas," says the actor.

The other project that Uppi's working on right now is the Kannada remake of the Tamil horror flick Kanchana, titled Kalpana. "We've just started work on the film, so it's too early to comment on how it's turning out," he adds.

When asked why he has been working on films back-to-back, Upendra says that lengthy breaks are not his cup of tea. "I get frustrated if I don't work. I want to do a variety of films as an actor or filmmaker," he says. The actor seems to have no concrete plans about whether he will helm a project again. "I haven't decided on anything yet, but hopefully by the second half of the year I might be able to make an announcement,"

No comments:

Post a Comment