Monday, July 30, 2012

Uppi’s not keen on villain roles

These days everyone may be talking about Kiccha Sudeep's villainous outing in the Telugu-flick Eega (Naan Ee in Tamil). But back in 2008, namma Real Star Upendra had tried his hand at a negative role.

"I had played the villain in Sathyam, which had Vishal and Nayanthara in the lead. I played an assassin in the film and it was a very interesting role. But just because I have played a villain once before, I don't think I will do it again. Sathyam was a one-off thing because the character was good," says Upendra.

Unfortunately, despite Uppi's faith in his character in the film, Sathyam did not fare well at the box office. Meanwhile, the actor, whose latest release Godfather is a remake of the Tamil hit Varalaru, is currently working on another remake - Kalpana (Kanchana) and has just completed work on Topiwala, in which he sports a six-pack. "Right now, I am concentrating on my directorial with my wife Priyanka, as well as Om Prakash Rao's 30th film Trivikrama.

No comments:

Post a Comment