Sunday, November 18, 2012

Priyanka has a narrow escape

Just a few days ago, Priyanka Upendra celebrated her birthday with much gusto. And the celebrations seem to have continued in the Upendra household due to the festive season.

On Wednesday evening, the actress had a narrow escape from a major fire accident. Priyanka and Upendra had gone over to spend Deepavali with their children at his brother's home when the mishap occurred.

"The entire family had gathered to indulge in fireworks and I was watching everyone have a good time. And just to ensure that all of them stay safe and also prevent litter, I collected all the empty boxes of crackers and deposited them by the side," says Priyanka.

But to her dismay, a rocket lit by the kids headed in her direction. "I was wearing a silk salwar and since it hit my leg, the material caught fire and my kurta got burnt. The cracker cartons next to me also went up in flames. Everyone was in a state of shock before they rushed to administer first aid to me," says a shocked Priyanka.

Her leg has broken out in blisters and there are numerous burn marks, but the lady is taking it bravely. "Next time, it's just going to be sparklers for the kids. I have never advocated fireworks, precisely for the same reason," she adds.

No comments:

Post a Comment